Speaker Series - Recent Live Webcast Event
SEPTEMBER 13, 2012 @ 6PM EDT
Due to limited seating capacity, the event is by invitation only. However, the live webcast is free for anyone to join. Please participate on Twitter using #gen-y. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Known by many names – Echo Boomers, Gen Y or Millennials – a new generation of Americans, 80 million strong, is poised to exert political, economic, education and cultural influence. There’s no denying it: The future of Millennials is the nation’s future. The scales have tipped, and Millennials now outnumber Baby Boomers.
Millennials have become the objects of desire for companies, politicians and institutions seeking to form ties with a generation in ascent. In turn, the most diverse, tech-savvy generation in history is demanding social and environmental returns from corporations accustomed to looking only at financial ROI, seeking more transparency from government and creating new ways for citizens to participate in civic matters large and small.
Join us on September 13 for a Blank Family Foundation Speaker Series live webcast event, with a Future Trends talk on the implications, near and far, of a new generation putting its stamp on American life.
- Quiz: How Millennial Are You?
- Pew Research Center: Millennials (Archive)
- The Generation Gap and the 2012 Election: Angry Silents, Disengaged Millennials
- Upcoming Mobilize.org Summit in Charlotte, NC - August 24-26
- Millennials in Crisis: What the Team Dynamic and the Crisis of Chrysalis Mean for Marketers
- Unmasking Millennials
- The Millennial Handbook (PDF)
- The Millennials: Who Are They?
- The Millennial Impact
- Young Invincibles: What's Your Solution?
Survey: Pew American Values (Data Released June 2012):
- Millennials, Activism, and Race … Don’t Call Them ‘Post-Racial’”
- VIDEO: Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs - Millennial Values Fellow Interviews
- Survey: A Generation in Transition: Religion, Values, and Politics among College-Age Millennials
- Campus Conversation on Values
- Soledad O'Brien and Brad Raymond Foundation
*The live webcast is free and open to anyone. Please bookmark this page in order to view on September 13.