Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund
The Westside of Atlanta has a rich history, steeped in the civil rights movement, home to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Unfortunately, over the last several decades this once vibrant community has been overwhelmed by concentrated poverty, blight and disillusionment—leaving residents and non-residents frustrated by the lack of positive change. We at the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation are committed to working with the Westside community to reimagine what is possible and help create a place where everyone has a fair shot at a decent life. This type of transformative change will require a team effort with strong partnerships among community members, public officials and local businesses. We look forward to working together to make change happen.
To that end, The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation has committed $15 million to its Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund. Our $15 million investment in the Westside and its residents will help the Vine City, English Avenue and Castleberry Hill communities become safer, healthier and more prosperous. Our grants will focus on the areas these communities have said are most important to them—economic development, improved safety and lower crime, better education and a greater focus on healthy communities. These grants will be awarded to organizations that have the capacity to run transformational projects and programs that offer lasting impact. Grants will focus on:
- Helping community members receive the training and opportunities they need to secure stable, good-paying jobs or start small businesses;
- Creating a safer environment that will lead to lower crime and a greater sense of community;
- Increasing and improving the educational opportunities available to kids in these neighborhoods;
- Providing safe, quality, affordable housing for long-time residents who need assistance;
- Improving the ability of local residents to live healthier lives in healthier environments; and
- More broadly, connecting neighborhood residents to the socio-economic opportunities they need to succeed.
The Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund grant application process consists of three steps: 1) taking an eligibility quiz; 2) submitting an initial grant inquiry; and 3) submitting a full grant application, if invited to apply.
For questions contact Debbie Montgomery.