AMB West Philanthropies, which comprises the nonprofit interests of The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation in the Western United States, has awarded 26 grants totaling $467,313 to nonprofit organizations in Park and Gallatin counties.
AMB West Philanthropies includes West Creek Ranch, AMB West Community Fund, AMB West Conservation, AMB West Base Camp, and AMB West Challenge Course. Through grant making, convening, advocacy and in-kind services, AMB West Philanthropies promotes positive change in peoples’ lives and builds and enhances the communities in which they live.
The grants were awarded by the AMB West Community Fund (“the Fund”), a committee of associates from West Creek Ranch and Mountain Sky Guest Ranch who volunteer their time to participate in grantmaking decisions. Every grant application received was reviewed and provided a site visit by members of the Fund.
The Fund focuses on early childhood development, youth development and empowerment, happiness, and youth suicide prevention. Highlights of the 2021 grants include:
• A three-year, $277,800 grant to The Jed Foundation for developing youth leadership and amplifying youth voice on health and wellbeing issues in Park County.
• A three-year, $143,000 grant LiveWell49 for capacity building of the LiveWell49 Coalition.
• A three-year, $90,000 grant to the Park County Early Childhood Coalition to ensure access to high-quality childcare and early childhood experience in Park County.
“For the past 20 years, AMB West Philanthropies and the Fund have had the honor of working with organizations whose work focuses on the most pressing issues of our region,” stated Tawnya Rupe, Senior Program Director, AMB West Philanthropies. “Their work continues to create access and opportunity for the residents we care deeply about.”
In addition to grants, AMB West Philanthropies manages in-kind donations of ranch services, programs and event space, including charitable activities at the Rising Sun Golf Course, AMB West Pavilion, AMB West Basecamp and Challenge Course.
2021 AMB West Philanthropies Grants:
Early Childhood Education:
• Funders for Montana’s Children: $20,000 to increase access to high quality, affordable childcare for children by mobilizing the private sector • Park County Early Childhood Coalition: $90,000 over three years for access to high-quality childcare and early childhood experience in Park County
• Aspen: $18,000 over two years for their Livingstrong Program
• Bozeman Art Museum: $2,500 for art enrichment in Park and Gallatin counties
• Bridger Ski Foundation: $5,000 towards the Every Skier Counts Program
• Child Care Connections: $5,000 for a parenting resiliency workshop series
• Community School Collaborative: $7,000 towards Sleeping Giant Middle School Cougar Clubs
• Gallatin Valley Land Trust: $5,000 for the Mental Health Trail
• Links for Learning: $6,000 for emotional wellness and growth through artistic expression
• Livingston Education Foundation: $20,000 to pilot the Livingston School District and Healthy Is Wellness partnership
• Montana Outdoor Science School: $10,000 for outdoor connections for Shields Valley students
• Mountain Time Arts: $5,000 for The Slate is Not Blank: Look and Listen Program
• Roots Family Collaborative: $5,000 to support the Roots Perinatal Resource Guide
• Stafford Animal Shelter: $5,000 to the Furever Friends Program
• Sunnyside Farms: $5,000 for the Leaders-in-Learning Program
• The Shane Lalani Center for the Arts: $6,000 towards Devised Theater Initiative
• Tinworks Art: $5,000 to support The Pursuit of Happiness Project
• Windhorse Equine Learning: $7,900 to practice mindfulness with horses
• 4 Ranges Community Recreation Foundation: $30,000 for nonprofit and capital campaign management services
• Behavioral Health Alliance of Montana: $10,000 to support a quality outcomes database
• HRDC: $15,000 towards the Park County Housing Initiative
• LiveWell49: $143,000 over three years for capacity building for the LiveWell49 Coalition
Youth Development and Empowerment:
• Big Sky Youth Empowerment: $25,000 for capacity building and Park County expansion plans
• Montana Wilderness School: $15,000 to support the Youth Wilderness Program
Youth Suicide Prevention:
• The Jed Foundation: $277,000 over three years for developing youth leadership and amplifying youth voice on health and wellbeing issues in Park County.
• Rise Up MT: $19,800 to support a social worker for families in crisis at Sleeping Giant Middle School and Park High School
For the full history of AMB West Philanthropies grants, please visit our Investments page.