In 2013, upon signing the stadium deal, Arthur Blank made a $15M promise to investing in transformation of the Westside neighborhoods (English Avenue, Vine City and Castleberry Hill) adjacent to the stadium known as the Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund. In September of 2017, Arthur Blank, through the family foundation, committed an additional $15 million to the positive transformation efforts taking place in Atlanta’s historic Westside neighborhoods, bringing the total of the Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund to $30 million.
Investments give preference to projects that:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the overall needs of the neighborhoods;
- Accelerate quality-of-life improvements, benefitting children and families;
- Improve the health, education and welfare of residents;
- Address equity, social justice and cultural/historic preservation issues associated with new residential and commercial development; and
- Attract new investment, new jobs and new businesses to the stadium neighborhoods.
Since 2013, more than $12M of the $15M has been committed to specific Westside projects and programs, primarily investments in human capital. Further, the Foundation has committed an additional $7M to Westside transformation from other Foundation program areas, lifting our total current Westside financial commitment to $22M.
The initial $15 million will be transferred no later than December 2017, and invested in projects for the communities by December 2020.
Visit our investments page to view Westside Neighborhood Prosperity Fund grants.