$1.5 Million Commitment to COVID Relief
The Molly Blank Fund made a $1.5 million commitment for COVID Rapid Response. To date, $1.2 million has been granted to 34 different organizations in Atlanta, Montana, and Phoenix. A few of the organizations are highlighted below.
Two Montana grants were made to address an increase in domestic violence due to isolation from COVID-19:
- $30,000to Haven, the only nonprofit serving survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and stalking in Gallatin County
- $30,000to ASPEN, a nonprofit dedicated to serving victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Park, Sweetgrass and Meagher counties
Two additional grants were made to local CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children) programs to continue serving abused and neglected children:
- $25,000to CASA of Park and Sweetgrass Counties
- $25,000to Gallatin County CASA/GAL Program Inc.
Two grants were designed to address food insecurity:
- $100,000to Mary’s Food Bank of Phoenix
- $50,000 to Flagstaff Family Food Center and Kitchen
A $100,000 grant to Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is helping the organization accelerate telehealth services to increase their access to care to vulnerable populations. In the short time that they have implemented telehealth, JFCS has seen a rise in patient satisfaction and a reduction in missed appointments.
A $50,000 grant was made to the Phoenix Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), which conducts advocacy, interfaith outreach and community bridge-building, and helps bring a Jewish perspective and voice on areas of communal concern. The JCRC works to build interfaith and inter-ethnic coalitions to combat anti-Semitism, racism and bigotry against all communities in the Valley of the Sun. This grant will support their programming.
Native Americans, like other Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) communities, have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. A $30,000 grant to the Navajo Nation is designed to provide immediate relief to the Navajo Nation in Arizona.